I noticed through Google Webmaster Tools that there where still some old links around on the internet pointing to non-existing pages on my company site. So I thought is was time to redirect them to some existing pages.
The quickes way was creating a .htaccess file and that would be it. But for some reason, the redirects went all wrong. At first, I didn’t thought of it, but I had this problem before.
My Passenger installation is configured with PassengerHighPerformance set to On . With the high performance set to on, Passenger get a bit less compatible with the Apache modules as stated in their documentation. So the only thing I needed to do is the the PassengerHighPerformance to off for that particular vhost.
Hopefully, I won’t forget the next time it happens